Stake youth conference 2017
Thursday night is being held at Ferguson's Lucky Star Ranch at 318 CR 290 in Leander. Please do your best to be there on time at 6pm and PLEASE CARPOOL if possible. There is little parking available. Youth should be dressed casually in long pants and close-toed shoes. There will be dinner, a speaker and a dance (with Cedar Park Stake). Youth will be put in their groups and receive their Youth Conference T-shirt, Wristband, Notebook & pen.
Directions to Luck Star Ranch: If you're coming off old 183 (not the toll), turn west on Hero's Way (FM 2243) and drive about 3.2 miles to CR 290. Turn left (south) on 290 and Lucky Star is a about a 1/2 mile down that road. There will be signs.
Drivers, please be there by 10pm to pick up your youth/carpool.
Friday morning will be held at LawLaw Land Ranch in Salado. Their driveway begins at the crossroads of Blackberry Rd and Marie Ln. Ward youth leaders should be organizing carpools. We suggest you meet your group at 8am to be on time at 9am. We are fitting a lot into this 24 hours so being prompt will help the youth have the best experience. They should be in pants, close-toed shoes, and wearing their YC t-shirt.
Youth should bring:
- Youth Conference T-shirt (wear it)
- Group wristband (wear it)
- Camping chair
- Sleeping bag/pillow
- Reusable bottle of water
- Drawstring backpack
- Sunscreen & Bugspray
- Youth Conference Notebook & Pen
- Scriptures (paper or electronic)
- Toothbrush, deodorant and/or other toiletries
PLEASE LABEL EVERYTHING
- Sleepware/PJs (please follow For Strength of Youth guidelines)
- Change of clothes for Saturday morning
- Layers (jackets, etc - please watch weather)
- Props for PLAY IN A DAY activity (ie: instruments, costumes, etc) - more details about this will come to them Thursday night
The youth are allowed to bring cell phones but we ask that they be reminded to be courteous of their group leaders, teachers and other leaders and to only have them out when allowed/instructed.
Drivers should be back at LawLaw Land Saturday morning by 9am. We want the youth to be able to spend as much of Easter weekend with their families as possible.
Drive north on I-35 until the Holland Exit (exit number 283). Turn right (east) onto
FM 2268. Turn right and drive E/SE 2.3 miles and turn left onto Blackberry Road. Drive 2.2 miles N/NE and turn left onto Marie Lane. Follow this road until you see check-in. There will be signs.
For those with dietary needs or restrictions, please see what is being served. If there is concern about not being able to eat it, we ask that you bring substitute meals. We will have a fridge and microwave accessible for those needs.
Thursday Night Dinner:
- Domino's Pepperoni or Cheese Pizza (we will have gluten-free available)
- Carrots & Celery, Hidden Valley Ranch dressing
Thursday Dance Refreshments:
- Costco Churros
- Gold Fish Crackers
- Gummy Bears
- Bob's Sweet Stripes Mints
- Taco Salad with toppings to choose:
- Bagged salad mix
- Hamburger with Taco seasoning
- Shredded chicken with Fajita seasoning
- Topping options: Shredded cheddar cheese, Diced tomatoes, Diced green onions, Goya black beans, Chuy's chips & salsa & creamy jalapeno sauce, Gluten free tortilla chips, Daily Chef round tortilla chips, Sour cream, Ranch dressing, Italian dressing, Chili.
- Daily Chef Brownie Bites
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches: Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce, shredded pork (salted/liquid smoke), Sarah Lee Sesame Seed buns
- Best Maid pickle chips
- Lays variety of chips (individually packaged),
- Costco Cookie Tray (oatmeal, choc. chip, Macadamia nut)
- Cuties, apples, bananas
- Motts Fruit Snacks
- Snyders pretzel packs
- Quaker variety granola bars
- Lance Cheddar Cheese Crackers
6am Saturday Morning Continental Breakfast:
- Sams Assorted Pastries Tray
- Nutrigrain Bars
- Bananas, cuties, apples
- 2% Milk, Apple Juice, Orange Juice
If you have changes in your registration plans, please email Jill Wagner at email@example.com